Tuesday, June 10, 2008

HAC Adventure...postponded

-
Made the call today after reviewing the conditions on the Wisconsin River. The river is raging and there are homes and debris floating everywhere. Not the conditions you want when taking a handful of kids on the river for a week of paddling.
-
What really amazes me is the flexibility of all the adult leaders to switch gears and sign on for the trip mid- August. Wow... Thank you all for your support. Makes coordinating these events so much easier.
-
MR340
Well a 30 day training plan is in effect for the MR340. Drink eat and paddle... I'll get a couple hours in a night 2 -3 nights a week and go long one day on the weekend. That should do it...
-
The last minute last ditch last spot (150th) has put a twist on doing the event. Making it fun to pull it all together on short notice. Planning is allot of fun for me...
-
I have my car shuttle figured out back from Kansas City. Good friend Tommy will drive my jeep to St. Charles and have it waiting for me at the finish.
-
Hotels are pretty much booked up, but I got in at the Hilton!! Perfect as the mandatory skipper's meeting is there. Ah, it's all coming together...
-
It is going to be a traffic jam on Tuesday a.m. at the launch with so many trying to get in the water. My goal is to be rested, relaxed and enjoy the pre-race festivities.
-
The MR 340 crew put on a good pre-race. Lots of positive energy and hoopla happening. Has the feel of an Ironman. Everything's a buzz.
-
Giddy as a school girl on a first date - The Capt'n

No comments: