Saturday, November 3, 2007

And it's only Friday...

Taking advantage of a warm breezy Friday afternoon. I headed out onto Rock Lake for some paddle/sailing.
-
I usually fly the 1.5 meter PAS on the Sea Wind, but it is blowing pretty good, and I am out there alone except for a hundred or so ducks that would just as soon see me off the water or in the drink. Kinda funny,They all moved to the lake as there are hunters in the marsh.
-
I am all over the place as I have my steering set to tight and corrective steering is poor. I rigged up more tension so I could take my feet off the peddles and still go in the direction I wish to go. A poor man's tiller tamer. Not so good when sailing in gusts.
-


I still need to do the up-grade on the sheet lines for both my PAS sails. The cord they send works, but the cleating system is less then desirable. KiWi Bird has up-graded and so quite a few others with the same set up.
-
Sounds like a good winter project.. for now, the weather is perfect for a late fall paddle/sail.
-
I have the Garmin 202 on the catamaran sleeve. On the lee shore I was at 5 mile per hour off the wind with 10 sq. ft. of sail up.
-
Still looking at developing an equivalent to the Balogh BOSS. I have a bunch of ideas that have been scraped. As the keep it simple rule was violated on every idea. Though I am on to something now, I am keeping it under my hat until I can try it out.
-
Tucked in on the windward side of the lake, with the sun setting the wind drops down to almost nothing.
-
The warm sun on my back an hour or so left of daylight, still out on the water, life is good.

No comments: