Saturday, March 24, 2007

"O" Dark Foggy Paddle

Great paddle today. So mild. Lots of wildlife. Pretty foggy, but I think I saw an owl in the pre-dawn light. A deer came rumbling past through knee deep water, scared the pegeebees out of me.


High water, flooded cornfields - with the extreme fog this morning I got misplaced and off the main channel. Classic paddling moment.


Fog burns off - Glassy conditions and mild temperatures made this a very enjoyable paddle.

Paddling the Sea Wind and playing with the GPS - 27.5 miles averaged 3.9 mile per hour for a 7 hour paddle - I'm a cruiser.


Water level is up 4' on the Bark River. Cruising the trees on a very swollen river.

All that fresh air, first long paddle of the season. I need a nap. - The Capt'n



2 comments:

Kristen said...

All great training for next year, Capt'n!

Captn O Dark 30 and Super Boo said...

i'm in!! where we going!! :-)