Saturday, April 21, 2012

Emotional Stir - part 2


There is silence, we are both deep in thought,"lost in the vast abyss of space and time".

Marissa sees her first shooting star; how can this be, we've camped and traveled by night numerous times; I just assumed... wait, what else have I assumed about my daughter; I start to have this uneasy feeling. 

Silence promotes discussion, Marissa begins to speak unraveling the mysteries of her life; I feel I should be writing this down, no that would show my own naivety.

Google sky map is brought on line, we identify star after star; we wait for a waning moon to rise. We ponder sleep and head to bed.

Transforming into a celestial dream state; stars oh so many stars. I succumb to sleep, only to awake with an extremely sore arm and shoulder. It appears I didn't move much in my slumber and am paying the price.


to be continued...

No comments: