Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pays to be skinny



-
I was hoping to snake out the Azul Kayak for some paddling. It pays to be skinny when you have to serpentine your way through a maze of boats hanging in the garage.
-
Disaster struck, when skinny just wasn't good enough and I had wedge myself and the boat in between the trailer and the lawn mower. (don't ask, but it involved almost dropping the boat and a bit of a slip fall and wedging myself as I went down) Where's a camera when you need it.
-
After squeezing myself out of a precarious situation I contemplated my next move.... "The garage door had to be opened"
-
Nursing a hernia repair... I carefully positioned myself and lifted the garage door. The mantra, lift with your legs lift with your legs... BINGO!! The boats have been set free!
-
Man a great morning on the water. It's been 5 weeks since I have been able to paddle. I'm Back!! The Azul is a responsive craft which keeps the ride interesting. Great boat for day paddling.
-
I was thankful for the smooth water, having been out of a kayak for a while. No sense swimming with the fishes in 40 degree water if you don't have to -
-
Glass like conditions, outstanding! - The Capt'n

No comments: