Sunday, August 16, 2009

Do you know where your child is...


Actually no, well sort of... she and a friend went out for a paddle, darkness ensued and then an uneasy feeling came over me.

I guess I shouldn't worry. When I was a lad, on the water by 7:00am and return before dark. Non-the-less!!!

Boo played it smart, as darkness came knocking she hugged the shoreline with Zoe and returned unscathed to the beach park. I guess my only real worry was that Lake Mills was having their annual beach bash and there tend to be a few weekend warriors out on the water after too many cocktails.

I got this sympathetic /pathetic look from Boo who I am sure was thinking. "Dad get a grip, it's Rock Lake, it's not like I don't know where I am or haven't paddled in the dark before"

Just another "Nervous Nellie" moment for - The Capt'n

No comments: