Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Good Day Sunshine

Well Koa was found so that's a bonus, whew I hate that feeling of helplessness; But she's back and life is good!! She got a ride in a squad car which I think she had some mixed feelings about.
.
Anyway, had an extended weekend but back to work to day. Did a lot of paddling with the girls in prep for the MR340 and a long walks with Koa.
.
Yesterday we had high winds and the lake was kicking pretty good. I took out the Azul yesterday and did some wave bashing. Felt like a kid again having a Monday off and the lake to myself. Water temperatures in the 80's perfect.
.
Still can't roll, not sure if it my guardedness over a past back and neck injury, or am just challenged? Got some great surf rides and spent some time upside down, it's all good.
.
I switched back and forth using a single blade, 48" bent shaft and a epic comp double blade. Could have used a rudder. I had water in all compartments which was a bit of a mystery with Valley hatches. Not a lot but enough that water that if a dry bag wasn't used everything would be wet. Blah...
.
Looking forward to another extended weekend with the holiday coming....
.
Ahh, the days of summer. - The Capt'n

No comments: