Saturday, April 4, 2009

Staying ahead of the weather


-
K-Dog " Koa" and I headed out early before the wind picks up and the "winter weather blows in from the Northwest. We paddled the morning glass as ducks and geese congregated near the shore. Later in the day they are forecasting 2"- 4" of that pesky white stuff we call snow.
-
-
The sounds of on-coming water fowl over head spark a lifted ear as we shore hugged our way around the lake. Not a soul out on the water but a few geese and mud hens.
-
A bit brisk at 33 degrees, but once we got moving it was wonderful. K-dog has a pad she sits and lays on as the bottom of the Sea-Wind is a tad cold.
-
-
I have had a bit of an identity crisis with the WaterTribe. Back in the day I was known as Sea Biscut then Sea Biscuit (cause I can't spell) then I was tagged with the name Da Biscuit... Then after a 125 mile paddle with ManituCruiser, Michelle and my girls Boo and M&M , I was re-named Kapakahi (Hawaiian) for all all out of whack, all mixed up or dis-futtled.
-
So K-dog (Koa) now has a WaterTribe name... She will for ever more be known as Da Biscuit in tribal circles.
Now I don't have to heat gun off the name on the Sea Wind.
-
We're off to hike the Waterloo River Basin - The Capt'n

No comments: