Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fool's Paradise


Now a week ago we had warm weather and clean ice. Yesterday the ice started to turn like sour milk all crusty and stuff.

I came down to the beach yesterday afternoon to play with Koa , half expecting to see ice fisherman out for one more jig of the rod. It's great entertainment as long as nobody dies. But, I was denied this year, though with a handful of fisherman out the day before (morons), I thought for sure I was in for a treat; It was 70 degrees and the sun shone bright. We only had one truck go in the drink this year and I missed it.

No paddling for the Capt'n today - a nasty ice shelf and fast moving water on the Crawfish River made for dangerous conditions. You get sideways and swept under, your not coming back. Plus I was a tad worried Koa might want to go for a swim and get sucked under.

Life ring anyone - The Capt'n

No comments: