Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The eagle has landed

Here are a few pics taken from my good friend Jerry, whom I have known for about 15 years. We worked with adjudicated youth together back in the day. Jerry is the master of story telling. His stories can make or break an adventure with kids in the wild or a backyard adventure, but these pictures, wow, are worth a thousand words.
-
Nothing like seeing nature thrive in spite of the human intrusion. Venture over to ThereAndBackAgain's blog and see wild boar and bobcats thriving on the islands of the Everglades.
-
Eagles along with other birds of prey are a good indication that our river systems and waterways are thriving. Back in the 60's when I was a young lad, I don't recall ever seeing so many eagles or hawks as I do today.
-
The confidence of eagles or Alfred Hitchcock's the "Bird's". You be the judge. My Brother in law Ben saw an eagle on Lac La Belle in Oconomowoc; I can't ever remember seeing an eagle in Oconomowoc.
-
From the banks and cliffs of the Wisconsin River; Thank for sharing Jerry!! - The Capt'n

1 comment:

Silbs said...

Great post. Indeed, we have a nesting pair on the Milwaukee River just north of Milwaukee. If things keep going this way we're going to need a bigger bird feeder out back :)