Monday, November 17, 2008

Don't ask, don't tell

This post is a little out of sync as I had already posted on our paddling adventure in the Cherokee Marsh, but Saturday proved very interesting at the Paddlin Shop.

What I most admire about John, is his ability to inspire and humiliate himself all at the same time. :-)

John like myself just loves boats.... small boats in particular that are either wind or human powered. Canoes, row boats, skiffs and prams there all good.

So what in the heck is he sitting in? Well it is two Klepper folding sailboats stern to stern, to make a 24' double ended camp cruiser.

I razzed John for a good hour on his idea... claiming his canvas wood design was the perfect makings for a bonfire. Then a funny sensation came over me; what he had going on was starting to make sense, or was it the coma induced sensation I was feeling from numerous cups of apple spice tea?

No one will really ever know for sure, but one thing we do know is John had a smile from ear to ear, just contemplating the possibilities. Isn't that what it is all about anyway?

So a tip of the paddle to you John, go for it!

For me, well... I'll get Lake Mendota Rescue on speed dial for ya- The Capt'n

No comments: