Monday, October 20, 2008

So many choices...


What to do what to do... Do I ditch my brother in law and paddle, or...
A very busy weekend with heading to Green Lake to pull the pier out at the cottage, but managed to put in a couple hours hiking on Sunday.

I caught this hawk on a fly by on my hike. Saturday up on Green Lake a bald eagle flew 25' over head. Pretty cool, never saw a bald eagle that close up. Looked like he was going to land, but everyone was screaming "look at the bald eagle" and he kept going.


Wandering through the meadow, I linked up with the Ice Age Trail which stretches nearly 1,200 miles across Wisconsin and really offers up a first hand experience of the diverse of Wisconsin landscape. (We're not all corn fields and dairy farms you know) How cool would be to hike the entire trail system.

Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen. -Benjamin Disraeli


1 comment:

Silbs said...

Nice piece and great images.