Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ah The Weather Gods


We are in a stretch of un-believable weather. It is 63 degrees and I'm lov'n it! Great morning out on the water. Rain is coming, but no matter, for now paddling bliss.


Boo has been paddling the Azul all summer. Had to get back in it myself to see why I can't wipe the smile off of her face. This Greenland style boat is a blast to paddle. I still go single blade with a "switch" on a 10 count. The small skeg (retractable) helps keeping it straight and on course.

More MR340 fun



Everyone got lots of mileage out of our bucket portable toilet and lots of laughs. Here is a short clip of our pre-MR340 antics in the parking garage.

Smile, it's all good - The Capt'n

2 comments:

SandyBottom said...

Do you use a much shorter single blade when paddling the Azul. What length?

Captn O Dark 30 and Super Boo said...

Hey Dawn... I use a 48" bent shaft carbon paddle.

When seated in the kayak, I am leaning forward - extended rotation is normal, with a slightly higher lower hand position. I feather the blade on the return. Ver comfortable position for me.