Monday, July 9, 2007

Am I coming or going?



There is so much going on right now, it is hard to know if I am coming or going. The past couple of weeks has been one wild ride to say the least.


First off my X, and the mother of my children has the big "C". It has hit everyone pretty hard, though it is inspiring to see our kids rally around the situation. Teri is going through treatment and has a great attitude. It has helped everyone keep perspective.


Then there is the HAC outing we just finished up with. Outrageous to say the least.




We are so busy and with the up-coming MR340, it was the first time since we have been dating (6 years) that I had missed one of Laura's triathlon races. I was busy putting in some long hours on Lac La Belle in the Sea Wind. Laura won her age group, finished third over all and was pleased with her effort.


Sunday found us taking Laura's family out for a paddle in preparation of our Quetico trip in August. High winds and white cap conditions kept us off the lake. We headed over to the Rock River put-in in Johnson Creek and competed for space on the water with water skiers, fishing boats and the weekend warriors.

It was the first time we all paddled together as a group. I think it will be a good trip. Some great energy around the paddle. James having never been in a canoe, did outstanding. Hopefully we can get him out in the boat again to build confidence.


The MR340 sent out their first dispatch this pasted weekend. The event is closing in fast. I really have done all I could to prepare for this event. So much support from other Team Kruger members. So what ever happens, I will be happy with it. The big show is about to begin.


Lights camera .... action! - The Capt'n




1 comment:

Silbs said...

Sorry to hear about the illness in your family. Glad that there is family support available. The best to you and your "X".