Thursday, May 31, 2007

"O" Dark 30 paddle - experience it


Thunderstorms rolling in today. Made it out early and caught this sunrise in a break of the clouds.
-
Winds were out of the south east and building. Did some wave bashing on Rock Lake and paddled into the marsh for an hour and a half.
-
Goal today was to recover from that two hour float trip I had with the MadCity Paddler's last night.
-
I had never paddled during the week with the club. It was very slow and I felt like I was wasting valuable training time. So I then switched gears and used the experience as mental training. I think it worked? :-)
-
Anyway I was in the wrong boat thinking we were going to be on a river... and it was much more like a creek with sweepers, syvs and mossy green water. I did see a tiny baby fawn deer with all its spots by the waters edge... days old I suspect..now that was cool.
-
Not complaining... just reflecting-- The Capt'n

No comments: