Saturday, March 3, 2012

Watertribe 2012 -1

As many of you know I lost internet for awhile; I could share with you the tale of how I've breached the grid, but then well I'd have to.... well you know.
.
More importantly I have Toby (whitecaps) taking the time to send me pictures, so the least I could do is try to get them posted on the blog. The CaptainOdark30 is back! ...sorta
.
Here is a shot of the Puddle Duck Racer (PDR); This one is tricked out with all sorts of interesting features; they are easily built and raced hard.
.
Toby sent me this picture of a fertility God on the 38' OC 6 he is paddling; Not sure what he is trying to tell me! A Menehune carries the spiritual power of Hawaii, Safe travels my friends!!
.
Here is a picture of SOS's latest build; partially complete they arrive at Fort Desoto to put necessary touches on; Not the finishing touches as it is a work in progress; sea trials have been minimal.
.
The interesting thing about this build are the self bailing amas (false transom); this will allow easy righting if capsized. I don't know all the details, but I think it is 24' long, 14' wide, main hull is 2o'' wide, 9" draft. Amas are set back to reduce pitch poling and I believe it carries over 200 sq. ft of sail.
.
Settle in my friends as the event unfolds in about an hour.
.
The Capt'n

No comments: