Sunday, July 17, 2011

Suumer has arrived


.
As temps. soared, I hit the water with a vengeance this week. I was out on the water everyday which does much for the soul.
.
Paddling before work really does wonders for me, but what really excites me is my knee feels really good and I have been able to get out on my bike the last three days as well; Summer has arrived, now to get back to fighting weight.
.
I have a good friends Scott and Jackie Erwin who have given me the keys (so to speak) to their 17 foot Vanguard Nomad Sailboat. (Nice cause it is kept on Rock Lake, no trailers or launch fees to deal with or hassle)
.
With Emily working at the Bakery and Marissa not feeling well (headache) after having a light fixture fall on her head (don't ask) I put the word out to see if anyone was interested in dodging jet-skis and ski boats and up for a Sunday sail.
.
Called friends Bonnie and Rick Kappus; Rick had plans, but Bonnie was up for a sail so I swung by the beach park and picked her up.
.
Outstanding day on the water as the wind built through the afternoon; much needed relief with mid 90 temperatures.

No comments: