Monday, July 4, 2011

Ah the summer breeze...

Up before the crack of dawn, before all the crazies hit the water and start bombing around on jet-skis and wave runners; peaceful sail in the pram coffee mug in hand. The random fisherman gets it, offers a friendly wave as we share the morning.
.
I have had this rule about not owning any boats that I can't car-top or pick up myself; thank goodness I could wrestle the pram up on the jeep, close though, I think I need to start working out again.
.
I do have to admit I been looking at sailboats, from live a boards to camp-cruisers; Well it's fun to look anyway. The Wayferer and the Norseboat that were in the Tip O Mitt had me reaching for the tiller wanting and yearning.
.
There is a Wayferer on our lake, maybe I'll go over and sit in it and play real sailor; I do have access to a Vanguard Nomad Sailboat that's just sitting on the lift right now at a friends house; hope the weather keeps building today, headed back to the water either way, to bash waves or sail.
.
The Capt'n

No comments: