Monday, May 2, 2011

This is how we roll

Photo by: Canoe Across America

This is how we canoeist roll; Ole number #7 portage pack, a Blue Barrel and a Pelican case for your delicates. Here Darrin is sporting new 16' inch wheels on the portage cart. Keep'er moving. Check him out as he paddles across America.
.

.
Back home Sandy and I went out for a high wind up hill paddle on the Oconomowoc River from Concord - to Ocononowoc; or at least in that direction. We only went a mere 5 miles in the current and wind, but it was over two hours of paddling. (needing to leave room for my Sunday afternoon nap)
.
Canoe Travels: Planning, Executing, Enjoying...

12,800 more to go

Anyone checking out Jim's SPOT track today will know that he did quite a bit of paddling. He got in a lot of miles today. Haven't heard from yet tonight so I know he's probably all tuckered out. He's camped on the eastern - more...
.
I feel all rested. - The Capt'n

1 comment:

sandy said...

Up hill!!!! You didn't tell me that, now I understand ;)lol Thanks for all the great advice! I hiked the kettles with the pack 5.9 after, you should have joined me!