Saturday, April 2, 2011

Back to the world


Boo and I pulled in after 31.46 hours romp in the hoopty jeep; we are back in Wisconsin. This was a great trip, in fact outstanding; it was so good that I never mentioned in any of my FB/Twitter posts that I was even sick during the trip. It just didn't seem to matter.
.
I really appreciated Toby (whitecaps) for venturing out and meeting us for a few days; the weather was interesting; it rained it poured, lightening to read by. It was AWESOME. Toby put on a clinic for dehydrated homemade meals, that boy can cook. Some whacked potato dish with hamburger onions and mashed tatters.... very tasty. His Dan Cooke Tarp was the bomb; good call on bringing that out. Toby ran his new DreamCatcher through the paces, it's a beauty. I didn't know that Toby had a feminine side, his purple PAS is lovely.
.
Marissa (Boo) is always a great camp/paddle partner; through the eyes of a child, they see things at such a basic level. Boo weathered the storms, endured my humor and has quite a selection of music on her eye pod; there were only a couple of times I felt like driving the jeep into the guard rail.
.
Now to unpack, sort and clean gear; the before during and after. I can't wait to do another big trip.
.
The Capt'n

No comments: