Saturday, October 30, 2010

Wave Bashing

While the punk'n-heads sleep the morning away, I figured I would catch the remains of the high winds and do a little wave bashing; this calls for a nice cozy kayak and skirt.
.
It was a grand morning, nobody out; even the hunters were pushed into the marsh leaving the lake open for play.
.
The water is cool, but swimmable; not that I wanted to swim with the wind howling and it being 45 degrees. I am very fortunate to have a slew of boats to choose from for all sorts of conditions and play outings. I paddled the Azul Greenland Style boat with an epic comp paddle.
.
I may head down to the Rock River Canoe shop and see if I can try out one of the Greenland style paddles before the pond freezes over just for kicks.
.
Koa was not happy paddler as I had to leave her back for today's outing; no room in the Azul for a dog.
.
I'm in that feel good tired phase from doing something fun; I don't get the same feeling from raking leaves, amazingly so.
.
The Capt'n

No comments: