Saturday, August 28, 2010

Balogh You Beauty!!

Well the Balogh BOSS and Sail arrived a couple days ago; I must say that Dave at Balogh delivered on time as arranged. I commend the UPS guy for sticking the box on my back porch so it would go missing while I was at work.
.
Like opening an expectant Christmas gift,all giddy inside; Like Christmas gifts assembly required. This should be interesting cause I have zero ability in building anything, we'll see about assembling. I figure if i can do it, anybody can do it.
.
Ooooh, look at all that yummy goodness! Packaging and delivery were perfect everything arrived unscathed. There is this nasty bag of parts screws bolts washers pins and a 28 page booklet of instructions. Nobody said anything about having to follow the instructions! :-)
.

.
Mylar 36' with blue trim. It pays to have canoes with the same color scheme; depending on which craft you take to the dance you can interchange the rig and you don't look like you just got off the river all tattered and a miss.
.
So I think I will chronicle my assembly of the Balogh BOSS, hopefully giving you a look at what it takes to assemble one.
.
It wont be as exciting as SOS being homeless with his Wa'apa outrigger canoe build; or DanceswithSandyBottom building an array of crafts in the downstairs family room, see Dawn Patrol - It will just be "me" drilling soldering, duct-taping and wiring my way through the assembly. Now where are my scissors?
.
The Capt'n