Friday, February 5, 2010

Sharkchow

Well Boo and I are in the 2010 running of the WaterTribe Ultra Marathon. These open water events are not without their inherent dangers. Preperation and safety protocals must be observed at all times.
-
So basically the UM is a much shorter version of the EC, in fact the course you paddle is to CP 1 which is consistent with FC and EC courses. After reading this article by Sharkchow, it's a bit of a wake up call to go over and over a few scenarios with Boo before we hit the water.
-
We're 30 days out, haven't paddled since September, this should be interesting. Boo hit the weights last night, danced around playing wii; I dragged myself to an all you can eat rib night at Carp's Landing watched the masses consume the gnarled remains of glazed bones... I had salad.
-
I did manage to drag a very dusty paddling simulator from the corner where it has become a great place to hang clothes and get it in working order. So no excuses, we have the means.
-
I can smell the ribs.. I mean salt air from here - The Capt'n

No comments: