Saturday, December 5, 2009

Portage to Portage - The Launch


SUNDAY DECEMBER 6TH - 12:00 NOON
RIVERSIDE PARK PORTAGE WISCONSIN
-
The Portage to Portage - a 5000 mile solo kayak journey around the Eastern United States.
-
Jake reports on his blog:
-
Please let me know if you're thinking about coming to the park to see me off. I've been told there is an excellent place for burgers and pizza near by (called the Tamarak) so folks can grab a bite to eat after the big launch.
-
The weather on Sunday is supposed to be rather wintery so if you have any thoughts of paddling with me be sure that you're properly equipped. Also do let me know if you're going to be joining me on the water so we can figure out car shuttles for the end of the day.
-
If others plan on paddling it will probably be a fairly relaxed social pace for only about three hours or so.
-
Plan A:
-
I have 5 nocturnal teenage girls sprawled all over the floor. Teenfest 2009 is in full swing with Emily throwing a sleep-over bash.
-
This may leave me a window of opportunity to head North and see Jake off. Snap a few pics; study the character and resolve of a man that picks the coldest day of the year to head out for a 5000 mile paddle.
-
Plan B:
-
Hot cocoa and pie. Warm down comforter and the DVD Donovan's Reef. followed by a nap that would impress even the sleepiest of bears.
-
We make these tough choices; I'll go to the rule book for clarification. - Rule Number #17 - Sleep is overrated.
-
Get off your Okole! - Hawaiian

1 comment:

SandyBottom said...

Yes I agree. Get off your Okole. Wish I could see him off. Heck I wish I was going on a journey. I need a journey.
Dawn