Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Big Rescue - Stranded

The Captn's last sea duty - The Mallow WLB 396 -1978 circa
.
Like Angels from the sky, no not the Coast Guard; rather Heather who saw a pathetic head scratching chap hunched over an open hood of a jeep. (she gave me a ride home) And Debbie who's skills are un-paralleled in the areas of setting up a tow. (saved me $80.00 got my jeep and me back to world.) I tip my hat to the father's who taught their daughters the how to when to why to's. I think women who can back up a trailer and parallel park are hot!!
.
Stranded in the middle of nowhere deep deep in the community of Lake Mills - Sentry Foods parking lot, I managed to use all my survival skills, (kept myself from walking over to the Mexican restaurant for nachos and a cold beer) Managed to stay focused and got home safely.
.
I would like to add through this crisis, Koa the wonder dog was cool calm and collected, never waivered. The jeeps at the shop, I'm home safe and sound; Didn't even have to activate my PLB.
.
We'll see what the car doc says.... hopefully a nip and a tuck, really don't want to spend a billion dollars on a jeep make over.
.
You can send your electronic get well cards to my jeep to brian0017 AT yahoo DOT com
.
For those keeping score, the Capt'n goes under the knife tomorrow. Oil change, and some bodywork -The Ole Double Hernia Repair.
.
Keep'n it Real -The Capt'n

No comments: