Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Two a days...

-
This reminds me of my days as a football star doing two a day workouts, well not really cause I never played football or really played any organized sports for that matter. But I am on a mission with 8 weeks left before the Misery 340.
-
Two a days it is. Paddling in the morning and humping the large portage pack in the evening. Me likes the outdoors!!
-
Koa is there to keep me company most times, which is great. Today Walt and Olga dropped in early (5:00am "O" Dark) for a 2 hour paddle around Rock Lake and Goose Island. They can keep the tsunami kayaks moving at a round 5mph, which is a good pace for an ole codger like me in a canoe.
-
This weekend Boo and I are off to paddle the Illinois river with Tommy and Hannah, allowing the girls to put in some long miles together. Get the girls used to some river traffic - barge Captains beware!!
-
Should be a hoot!! - The Capt'n

No comments: