Saturday, February 28, 2009

I love sailing canoes

Photo lifted from the WildSide blog
-
I just love outrigger sailing canoes. So pure and primitive in their construction. Sail canoes in general are a passion for me. I was completely taken in by the adventures of SOS and his motley crew when they build two 3 board outrigger canoes for EC 2007.
-
So in EC 2009 a monster 45' outrigger, a proa, a high end home built 21 foot trimaran grace the starting line. Ah the men and their paddle sailing machines.
-
Which reminds me to remind you all that the Paddlin Shop will again host the Paddle Sailing Rendezvous the first weekend in June. The venue, Lake Mendota is an outstanding lake to paddle/sail on. Unlike its big sister Lake Michigan, the Mendota is user friendly with water temps well into the 70's by June. OK high 60's, but I'm trying to sell you on joining us this year. :-)
-
It's all in the packaging - The Capt'n