Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Journey

The trail systems in the Southern Kettle Moraine offer great views, babbling brooks and unique bridges. Hiking around in the woods this time a year can be a little worrisome with hunting season in full swing. Though life... like adventure, is not with out risk. Ah, the journey and the bridges we cross.

I love it when the trail system follows the natural line of a river. Cris-crossing its way to its origin. The harmonic sounds of nature, the crunching of dry twigs and stones below your feet, the cooling temperatures the lack of those pesky bugs. Could it be... perfection?

The initial mystery that attends each journey is: how did the traveller reach his starting point in the first place? - Louise Bogan


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Kettle Moraine, that is a blast from my childhood. I didn't even remember it until I read this post! My family and I used to go there in the fall from Milwaukee to see the colors changing. Thanks, I do enjoy following your blog from the Tampa Bay Area!

Jon