Sunday, July 27, 2008

Oconomowoc River

A bit of a bushwhack to get to the rivers edge. Everything is just a bit over-grown with the high water and rain we had over the last month.

Got in 20 miles on this very twisty section. Paddled the Bell Yellowstone to change things up a bit so I could kneel and take some pressure off my lower back. Slow going up river at 3 mph.

Normal end of July / August this section of the Oconomowoc river is pretty choked off with weeds and aquatic plant growth. If I'd a waited another week, some sections would have been very difficult to get through.

This section is pretty remote for a Southeastern Wisconsin river. Here I caught a small deer getting a drink of water as I ghosted by on my return to the put in.

Passing under a bridge, just before entering the portage up to Lac La Belle. There's something about bridges, especially old ones.

All that history I imagine. - The Capt'n

No comments: