Friday, June 20, 2008

Cracked Manifold


The Cracked Pot

An elderly peasant in China had two large pots, each hung at the ends of
a pole which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in
it while the other was perfect. At the end of the long walk from the
stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived half full, while the intact
pot delivered its full volume of water. For two years this went on
daily; the bearer delivering only one and a half pots of water to his
house.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of achieving its full potential,
but the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its imperfection, and miserable
that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do.

After two years of abject failure, it spoke to the water bearer one day
by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side
causes me to leak all the way back to your house."

The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there are flowers on
your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I
have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds beside your
side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them."
"For two years I have been able to pick those beautiful flowers to
decorate the table. Without you, just the way you are, there would not
be this beauty to grace the house."

Each of us has his own peculiar flaws. But it's our cracks and flaws
that make our lives together so interesting and rewarding. We've just
got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in each
of them.


Trying to look at the positive of the cracked manifold on my Jeep on top of the 2K I have already put into it this week...



Well O.K. better then a truck payment! - The Capt'n

No comments: