Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The workout -grinding it out

After work I went for a 2 hour paddle on the Rock River. I put in just above the Watertown Dam and did a 2 hour Grind up hill to Pipersville.

The river was moving pretty good. I drifted for a bit to see the tale of the GPS. One section was 3.0 and other section 2.5.

It took me an 1.5 hours of paddling to get to Pieperesville, where the river narrowed so much I could make no further headway. A quick check of the GPS put me at .8 miles per hour in some sections. then at the turn around, zero.

On the return, what a ride. The GPS said that I had a top speed of 8.3 mph. I was able to keep it over 6 mph most of the time. My return time was 35 minutes. Felt like I was flying.

What does it all mean? Don't know. But I wanted to start base-lining my workouts. Paddle with a purpose with these races coming up.

I am have issues with the formatting of this blog - The Capt'n

1 comment:

SandyBottom said...

Your blog looks great, and I love the new format. I always have trouble, especially with photos and line spacing.

Your training will be my workout motivation, though I don't think I can keep up with all you do. I'm working on a plan now and will get back to posting a regular training log.