Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Warm Water Cometh

Directly after work - I dashed to the put-in on Rock Lake. I have been first on the water for the last two years running. In such a hurry I forgot the camera!

Not this year! :-/ It was 79 degrees, all the ice was gone and it looked like an early summer day on the beach.

Kids playing in the sand while parents watched. Fisherman, boaters, canoeists and kayakers where all out to play.

I put in on the South end of the lake as we had very windy conditions. Paddled the glass till the wind died down a bit. Made my way around the lake hugging the shore for an hour and a half. Gorgeous day to be out on the water.

How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. - Annie Dillard

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hi Capt'n: Any suggestions on hooking up with PEAK?